How do I enable PayPal Pro integration?
If you're located in the US or Canada and wish to upgrade your PayPal Standard account or create a new PayPal Pro account, please contact PayPal by phone at 1-844-899-6410, Option 2.
You must call this number to have the $30/mo PayPal Pro fee waived. Be sure to mention you are an AthletaDesk subscriber. This offer is only available to new PayPal Pro clients located in the US and Canada.
After creating a PayPal Pro account you'll be able to start accepting credit cards and online payments.
Here's how to do it:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "Business Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Select the "Online Payments" tab.
- Choose "PayPal Pro".
- Click the "Lookup" link that appears to the right of the "PayPal API Username". This will redirect you to your PayPal account.
- From your PayPal account, locate your PayPal API Username, PayPal API Password and PayPal API Signature. Copy and paste this information into the field provided in your AthletaDesk account.
- Choose the currency you wish to accept payments in.
- Choose an "Expense Category" for the PayPal fees (this is the fee that PayPal charges per transaction). If you want to create a new category, add it from the "Expenses & Other Income" page.
- Click "Save" to save these changes.
Once that's completed AthletaDesk will automatically:
- Add a "Make Payment" button on the "Account & Invoices" tab in the Athlete Portal (this is only visible to adult athletes and parents).
- Add a "Click Here to Pay Online" button to newly created invoices.
Payments made through either link will automatically be tracked and assigned to the correct family in AthletaDesk.