I sell prepaid lesson packages, can AthletaDesk accommodate this?
Yes, if you sell prepaid lessons packages, AthletaDesk can accommodate this. Instructors who bill this way usually skip the invoicing step. Typically they'll collect the pre-payment and send the athlete or parent an email receipt (rather than the invoice). The pre-payment will then go onto the "Family Account", as the athlete takes the lessons they've prepaid for, their account balance will slowly drop to $0.00. When the athlete hits $0.00, you know it's time to request another payment for additional lessons.
To get started:
- Navigate "Families & Invoices" from the main menu on the left.
- Click the "Zoom" icon next to the family you would like to add the prepaid lesson payment to.
- Click the "+ Add Transaction" button and choose "Payment".
- Enter the athlete, date, amount, and a brief description (ex. prepayment for 10 lessons).
- Click "Save".
The "Family Account" should now show a "Balance Remaining" instead of a "Balance Owing".
There is also an option in AthletaDesk to show the "Family Account Balance" on the home screen "Agenda" when an athlete has a lesson that day. Enabling this option is a great way for teachers who sell lessons in packages to let the athlete know when it's their last one.
To enable this option:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "My Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
- On the "Personal" tab check to enable the "Show Family Balance on Agenda" under the label "Homepage Settings".
- Click "Save".