What do the different attendance options mean?
AthletaDesk features a variety of different attendance options to cover all possible situations. To make it easier to remember, we added "($)" to any attendance options that will charge the athlete. If you choose an option that doesn't have "($)", the event isn't considered billable.
Note: If you have athletes who pay the same amount each month, one billable event will trigger their monthly charge.
- Unrecorded – This is the default attendance setting, and it means that AthletaDesk doesn't know if this athlete showed up or not. 99% of the time you’ll be changing the attendance status from Unrecorded to something else.
- Present ($) – Choose this option if the athlete was present for their lesson. The ($) indicates that the athlete will be billed for this lesson. (If you charge a flat monthly rate, your athlete won’t be billed extra.)
- Present, Late ($) - This option is identical to "Present ($)", but can be used to keep track of late/tardy athlete arrivals.
- Present, Use Make-Up Credit – Choose this option if the athlete was present and you want to use a make-up credit (rather than bill the athlete). This option will NOT be shown if the athlete doesn't have any make-up credits.
- Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($) – Choose this option if the athlete did not attend the lesson, but you’d like to issue a make-up credit. Just like with “Present ($)”, the “($)” means that the athlete will be billed for this lesson.
- Absent, Use Make-Up Credit - Choose this option if the athlete was scheduled for a make-up lesson but was absent. This option will deduct a make-up credit because the athlete was a "no-show".
- Absent, No Make-Up ($) – Choose this option if the athlete did not attend and you won’t be making up the lesson. The athlete will be billed for this missed lesson. Most teachers use this option if the athlete was a no-show.
- Absent, Notice Given – Choose this option if the athlete was not present but gave you advance notice. For example, if the athlete let you know a few days before the lesson you would use this option. No billing charge is assigned to the athlete (and no make-up credit is issued).
- Instructor Absent, Make-Up ($) – Choose this option if you were absent and wish to make-up the lesson. The athlete will be billed, and a make-up credit will be issued.
- Instructor Absent, No Make-Up – Choose this option if you were absent and do not wish to make up the lesson. The athlete will not be billed.